The Sedex Ethical Trade Initiative (ETI) is a ground-breaking alliance of companies, trade unions and voluntary organizations that promotes the implementation of corporate codes of practice which cover supply chain working conditions. Their ultimate goal is to ensure that the working conditions of workers meet or exceed international labor standards.
It is composed of two key elements: the ETI Base Code and the accompanying Principles of Implementation. ETI has developed a code of labor practice reflecting the most relevant international standards with respect to labor practices and the local labor laws.
- Auditable Workplace Code of Conduct (ETI)
- Audits are conducted by any party (2nd or 3rd), as agreed by the supply chain
1.Universal Rights covering UNGP
2. Management system and code implementation
3. Free chosen employment
4. Freedom of association
5. Safety & hygienic conditions
6. Child Labor
7. Living wages & benefits
8. Working hours
10. Regular Employment
11. Sub-contracting & homeworking
12. Harsh or inhumane treatment
13. Entitlement to work
Environment 2- or 4- pillar
Business ethics* (only 4-pillar)
ALGI IS AUTHORIZED TO PROVIDE SEDEX VIRTUAL ASSESSMENT
Our solution to provide Remote Assessment of sites and workplaces.
How long is a SEMTA audit valid?
Initial audit followed by follow up audit on yearly basis
Benefits of having a Sedex Audit:
- Have a clear and consistent approach that highlights best practices
- Improve business resilience to industry and market changes
- Improve their businesses’ reputation by meeting the expectations of your customers and stakeholders
- Available reports on sedex platform for share with clients