WRAP is an independent, objective, non-profit team of global social compliance experts dedicated to promoting safe, lawful, humane, and ethical manufacturing around the world through certification and education. WRAP primary activity is the certification program, which is the largest of its kind in the world mainly focused on apparel, footwear, and sewn products. WRAP also operate a comprehensive social compliance training program.
The WRAP Principles are based on generally accepted international workplace standards, local laws and workplace regulations, and include the spirit or language of relevant conventions of the International Labor Organization (ILO). The Principles encompass human resources management, health and safety, environmental practices, and legal compliance including import/export and customs compliance and security standards.
Attaining a WRAP certification involves a 5-step process. It begins with the production facility filing an initial application with WRAP and paying the registration fee. Then the facility will conduct a pre-audit self-assessment of its compliance with WRAP’s 12 Principles, which is followed by an additional audit conducted by ALGI, as one of the accredited monitoring partners. The audit report is sent to WRAP, which decides whether or not a certification is granted.
1.Compliance with Local Laws
2.Prohibition of Forced Labor
3.Prohibition of Child Labor
4.Prohibition of Harassment or Abuse
5.Compensation & Benefits
6. Hours of Work
7. Prohibition of Discrimination
8. Health & Safety
9. Freedom of association & collective bargaining
11. Customs Compliance
- WRAP Pre-Audit Self-Assessment
- WRAP Audit Summary CAP Signature Pages
- WRAP Audit Report
- Working Hours Action Plan (WHAP)
- WRAP PCA Report Tamplate (Only for PCA audit)
- WRAP Individual/Group Interview Questionnaire
- WRAP Opening Meeting Checklist
- WRAP Closing Meeting Checklist
- WRAP Facility Transparency Integrity Statement
How long is a WRAP audit valid?
- Silver Certificate (valid for 6months)
- Gold Certificate (valid for 1 year)
- Platinum, Certificate (valid for 2 years)
Benefits of having a WRAP Audit
- Obtain Wrap Gold Certificate means that the factory has a mature and high level of social compliance responsibility.
- Many brands, suppliers and buyers accept the WRAP certificate, which can save factories from repeating social compliance audits.
- Highly experienced auditors that undergo continuous training and learning.
- Confidentiality, Integrity and Impartiality are our core business values.
- Improve your resilience to industry and market changes
- Improve your businesses’ reputation by meeting the expectations of your customers and stakeholders